WOODY`S Group Limited is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all of its customers and understands that you care about how information about you is used and shared and it appreciates your trust in it to do that carefully and sensibly. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data it collects from you, or that you provide to it, will be processed.
We collect your personal data for two main reasons:
- To process any orders, you make for products or services, and to deliver those products and services to you.
- To send you details of special offers, pre-sale offers and business updates.
- That you can control the personal data you provide us with and that we will always be transparent about how we collect and use it.
- We will always tell you what personal data we are collecting from you, the means by which we will collect it and how we will use it. We will only use your personal data for the purposes we originally told you about.
- We will always use market-leading technology and software to ensure that your personal data is secure and when we ask another organisation to provide services to us which involve sharing your personal data with them, we will always make sure they have appropriate security measures.
Who are we?
WOODY`S Group Limited is a private company registered in England and Wales with company number 4986721, registered office is, Kirkham Road, Freckleton, Preston, Lancashire PR4 1HY. If you have any questions about how we look after your personal data, you can contact us:
- In writing, at the address above.
- By email to this address: email@example.com
- By telephone on 01772 683737.
How do we collect your personal data?
- When you give it to us directly. For example, when you place an order or create a customer account, sign up to our newsletter on our website, communicate with us, enquire about or purchase our products or services including Bespoke Landscaping and Bespoke Joinery you may choose to give us certain information.
What category of personal data do we collect?
- Your name and contact details;
This can include your postal, billing and delivery addresses (which would include the addresses of any family or friends you choose to send products to); your telephone number(s), including, if you provide it, your mobile number; and your email address.
- Purchases and orders made by you.
- Quotations and invoices.
- Your correspondence with us.
How and why do we use your personal data?
- To send you the products and deliver the services you have purchased.
- To present you with information on new products and services and offers or updates on WOODY`S Group Limited.
- To comply with the law (for example, to ensure that we only sell products containing alcohol to those aged 18 or over).
- Complete a transaction or authorise a purchase that you have requested.
- Verify the accuracy of information you submitted to us.
- Monitor, administer or improve the site or develop future web sites.
- Audit the use of the site.
- Contact you about the site or enquiries you make through the site.
When do we share personal data?
We have to share some of your personal data with certain third parties so that we can provide you with our products and services. This includes the courier and haulage companies and suppliers we use to deliver our products or materials to you or your property.
We never share your data with other third-party companies unless you have consented to say that it is ok to do so.
We are required to co-operate with regulators (like the Information Commissioner???s Office or HMRC) and law enforcement agencies (like the police or the Serious Fraud Office). Although it does not happen often, regulators and law enforcement agencies can require us to share information with them as part of an investigation, this may include your personal data. We would have to disclose your personal data where we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the regulator or crime enforcement agency???s demand.
How long do we hold your personal data for?
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purposes described in this policy.
As a guide:
- We will keep personal data while your account is active.
- We may keep certain categories of personal data after your account is closed in order to meet any legal or regulatory requirements, or to resolve a legal dispute;
- and, because of this, we may keep different types of personal data for different lengths of time (for instance, we may need to keep certain personal data relating to your purchases to comply with HMRC???s VAT reporting requirements).
You have several rights under data protection laws; these are summarised below;
- the right to be informed.
- the right of access
You can access the personal data we hold on you by contacting us on 01772 683737 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To process your request, we will ask you to send us two forms of proof of identity so that we can be sure we are releasing your personal data to the right person. We will process your request within one month or, if the request is particularly complex, two months.
- the right to rectification
We welcome feedback from you to ensure our records are as accurate and up-to-date as possible. If you think that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, please ask us to correct it by contacting us on 01772 683737 or email@example.com
- the right to erasure
You can ask us to delete your personal data; however, this is not an absolute right. We can refuse to erase personal data which we need to keep (i) to comply with a legal obligation (for instance, we are required by HMRC to keep certain personal data for up to 6 years for VAT reporting purposes); and (ii) in relation to the exercise or defence of any legal claims.
When you ask us to delete your personal data, we assume that you do not want to hear from us again. Other than as described above, we will always comply with your request and do so promptly.
- the right to transfer your personal data (known as data portability)
You have the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one organisation to another. If you do wish to transfer your personal data, we would be happy to help.
- the right to object
If you would like us to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes simply let us know by contacting us on 01772 683737 or firstname.lastname@example.org.